Safeguarding – Children and Vulnerable Adults
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required.
Staff must work in accordance with the Working together to Safeguard Children and understand their role within the policies of child protection and safeguarding.
NB This post is exempt from the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
Preschool Assistant -qualified Level 2-3
Little Pippins Preschool are seeking a enthusiastic, passionate person who is flexible, crazy, and doesn’t mind acting like a child each day, to come and join our team in a lively and engaging preschool.
We thrive to make a difference in young children's lives and are committed to providing high quality, higher ratios staff and putting the children first in all we do.
It is vital that we employ the right person, whom is qualified level 2 or above.
We are prepared to support and train the right candidate to what we expect from all staff within the setting and the way we teach.
The position is to work Monday to Friday and staff can be expected to work between the hours of 7.30-6.15. The exact hours to be confirmed. Term time working with ages 2-4 year olds .
Our staff are required to work extra days as required by the setting manager to cover holiday club and staff absences.
You have the opportunity to work more hours over the holidays working at our holiday club 4-11 years.
We are committed to safer recruitment and the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check and references will be obtained.
Benefits include a contributory pension scheme, on-site parking, childcare discounts and staff uniform.
Please email [Email address hidden] for a company application form and job description.
Closing date 20th Sept
MUST HOLD AN EARLY YEARS FULL QUALIFCATION LEVEL 2/3
Lunch Time cover Monday to Friday
Working between 9.45- 3pm term time
The Lunchtime cover staff member should support the Manager in providing a stimulating and varied programme of play and ensuring the safety and well-being of the children. To work as part of the preschool team to provide safe, high quality education and care for preschool children. To cover staff when they are off on lunch breaks, and supporting the children whilst they eat their lunch. To work under the direction of the preschool manager, and to give support to other personnel within the setting.
In house benefits of Pension scheme in place.
• To have CACHE Level 2/3 Certificate in Preschool Practice, NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent. • Previous experience of working with young children.
• Identify the support and development, which you require during Annual Appraisal
• Commitment to equal opportunities and understanding of religious and cultural diversity
• Friendly and flexible approach at work- Flexible with cover and working hours, which facilitates the development of effective relationships•
• An understanding of play based approach to children’s learning and development.
• A commitment to working effectively with young children and their families
• Sound knowledge of EYFS, Child Protection and child development for children (from birth to 5 years)
• Good communications skills/ Ability to communicate at all levels in a respectful manner.
• Willingness to learn and undertake further training.
• Demonstrate Little Pippins values and help to operate maintain ‘0’ politics within the setting with an open door approach to work. Treat all staff fairly and with respect creating a sound working environment.
• First aid at work
• Ability to work independently using own initiative
• Ability to manage your workload and complete tasks and work set on time.
• To be reliable and trustworthy at all times.
• To have good timekeeping, flexiable and attendance.
• Good appearances and show passion and competency in the role.
• Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
• Ability to relate well to children and adults including other professionals/carers/parents- remaining non-judgemental.
• Ability to demonstrate and promote good practice in line with the ethos of the preschool both indoors and outdoors
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, whilst ensuring children, colleagues, parents and carers are respected and listened to.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to uses judgement and common sense.
• Ability to communicate effectively with adults and children
• Good written, verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
Desirable Criteria Training in health and safety, safeguarding training and Food Hygiene