Safeguarding – Children and Vulnerable Adults
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required.
Staff must work in accordance with the Working together to Safeguard Children and understand their role within the policies of child protection and safeguarding.
NB This post is exempt from the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
Early Years Practitoner
Closing Date March 2019
Early Years practitoner Role and working within our Breakfast and after-school clubs. Hours to be Confirmed £ minumun wage
· To have CACHE Level 2/3 Certificate in Preschool Practice, NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent. • Previous experience of working with young children.
· Identify the support and development, which you require during Annual Appraisal
· Commitment to equal opportunities and understanding of religious and cultural diversity
· Friendly and flexible approach at work- Flexible with cover and working hours, which facilitates the development of effective relationships
· Safeguarding all children is everyone responsibity and you are required to follow all protocols and policies set out by the setting and in correspondence to Swindon LSCB.
· And all successful applicant will be required to provide a DBS check.
· An understanding of play based approach to children’s learning and development.
· A commitment to working effectively with young children and their families
· Sound knowledge of EYFS, Child Protection and child development for children (from birth to 5 years)
· Good communications skills/ Ability to communicate at all levels in a respectful manner.
· Willingness to learn and undertake further training.
· Demonstrate Little Pippins values and help to operate maintain ‘0’ politics within the setting with an open door approach to work. Treat all staff fairly and with respect creating a sound working environment.
· First aid at work
· Ability to work independently using own initiative
· Staff must follow the strict code of conduct at all times.
· Ability to manage your workload and complete tasks and work set on time.
· To be reliable and trustworthy at all times.
· To have good timekeeping, flexiable and attendance.
· Good appearances and show passion and competency in the role.
· Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
· Ability to relate well to children and adults including other professionals/carers/parents- remaining non-judgemental.
· Ability to demonstrate and promote good practice in line with the ethos of the preschool both indoors and outdoors
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, whilst ensuring children, colleagues, parents and carers are respected and listened to.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Ability to uses judgement and common sense.
· Ability to communicate effectively with adults and children
· Good written, verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
Desirable Criteria Training in health and safety, safeguarding training and Food Hygiene